Augusta Heritage Center is always interested in the idea of “passing it on” to our youth. However, a few basic rules apply for reasons of safety and for the benefit of all who attend Augusta workshops:
- Students taking classes may not bring infants or children to class.
- Parents/chaperones are responsible for their children outside of class.
- Youth under 18 must name an adult chaperone who has agreed to be responsible for them during their week at Augusta.
- Chaperones not registered as students must pay a non-refundable/non-transferable $150 chaperone fee (which includes access to all group sessions and evening events). Chaperones are not considered students and will remain outside classrooms. (Chaperones need to fill out, sign, and send in a Youth & Chaperone Form.)
- If a young student is staying on-campus, the chaperone must also stay on-campus in the same dorm and pay housing and meal fees.
- Older youth may enroll in adult classes if pre-approved by the Augusta Heritage Center and the Instructor – an adult level of participation is expected.
- The minimum age for Augusta for Kids is 8 (must have finished 2nd grade).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call 304-637-1209 or email augusta@AugustaHeritageCenter.org.